June 25, 2006

New Photo for the Website


As we've been house-hunting for the past several weeks while living in temporary quarters here in Columbus, OH, I'm reminded of certain elements at our little farm in TN. One of the things I miss the most, aside from not having neighbors over my head, is the hot tub room.

During one of our more lucid remodeling moments, we designed and built a room that resembles being at the ocean. We cut a hole in the middle of the floor and plopped the hot tub in, sheetrocked the rafters--leaving the joists exposed as an arbor--and put a mural of a tropical beach scene on one wall. I painted the ceiling to appear as a stormy sunset or a serene sunrise, depending on which lighting was used.

This picture takes me back there.

We're getting closer to finding our next dream digs. We've actually put an offer in on a house about 9 miles from where we're living now. We'll know next week if the offer has been accepted.

Our son and my brother, who both reside at our "bed and breakfast" when they're not out in their big rigs, went with us to take another look at the property last night. They're already dreaming of 4-wheeling at the back of the property. Michael has already built his 20 x 40 "workshop" in his head. I'm dreaming about cream colored walls and custom crown mould. (It sure will be nice to dig out my table saw, compound mitre radial arm saw, compressor, and nail guns again.)

My thoughts run to sitting on the covered back patio with my laptop; very conducive to finally finishing my novel.

No comments: