February 02, 2007

My editor is happy--and that makes me happy!

I’ve been writing monthly articles for a national construction publication for almost a year and a half. I write about concrete and asphalt, heavy equipment, roads, turnpikes, bridges, and mud. Occasionally I’ll showcase a major player in the constuction industry.

I also preach to new writers about how important it is to proofread their work from the pulpit of The Writer’s Chatroom. (http://writerschatroom.com)

This came in an email about fifteen minutes after turning in this month’s story:

Linda,

I just finished reading your Brent Spence story. It was an easy with no errors. Really nice work...just wanted to say that. I look forward to the photos.

Thanks.

The story wasn’t difficult to write. I like writing about bridges, especially old bridges. They just seem to have character, something most freeways lack.

Here’s proof that it’s important to proofread! And a happy editor usually equates to more assignments-and more income.

Linda
www.lindajhutchinson.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good when others feel just as good about your work as you do.
Congrats:)