November 04, 2005

Life's Journey

There are so many things I truly enjoy about life I’d be hard-pressed to name them all. Of course, being a wife, mother, grandmother, and sister are right up there at the top. Being a writer would also receive top ranking.

I came to this profession via the long road. Just as my life has meandered through a wandering trail of joys and heartbreaks, so has my means of making a living. I’ve journeyed through the mindless task-oriented jobs and the high-stress corporate middle-management positions. I’ve allowed lapses in income to take me over the creative paths, as well.

Never before, in any job or career, have I been allowed the freedom of self-employment, the sheer joy of the freedom to create, and artistic license all put together. Of course there are deadlines. Of course I lose some sleep from time to time. Of course I don’t receive a “regular” paycheck. Would I trade my station in life now for any of those places in the past? NO!

And then there’s the sense of satisfaction of seeing MY words and photos in print! Yes, I’ve worked hard, but I’ve also been incredibly lucky. For the latest example of my work go to http://www.cegltd.com/story.asp?story=6212&headline=Unstable Billboard Bumps Up Demolition in Columbus, OH.

I’ll be writing for Construction Equipment Guide on a monthly freelance basis and I’m looking forward to getting my feet muddy in the process.

No comments: