February 18, 2009

I've been AWOL

I've been AWOL from blogging and social media for the past week and a half while I catch up on housework, update my website and store, and gear up for next week's writing deadlines.

My paints and canvasses are spread out all over the "art corner" in the guest room - ready for me to get busy getting ready for the Obetz Zucchini Festival in August. I'm hoping to have 50 oil paintings and other artwork available in my booth. We'll see how that goes... Nope. It's on my goal list, so it will happen.

Today is my 2 month post-surgery checkup. If my Very Cool Dude neurosurgeon doesn't reinstate my driving privileges, he will be reduced to just "neurosurgeon". UGH! I so badly want to go somewhere by myself. Almost anywhere. Note that I said "almost". Hubby and son have been wonderful about getting me out of the house, but...

I've dropped 11 pounds since surgery. Not so easy to do while in a neck brace 24/7, but it's getting done. Keeping a food/calorie/fat diary is the ticket for me. Once it's in black and white I can't lie to myself about how much I ingest. It's so much easier these days, now that foods are pre-packaged and calorically categorized for us. Yep. Those preservatives and fat substitutes are just yummy. Great for our innards, too. Uh-huh.

I ache to make bread from honest-to-goodness quality, natural, whole, substances. Problem is, I don't know how to make less than 5 loaves at a time. I use molasses to help cut the fat, but it adds calories. The kneading part might be a bit tricky too.

Maybe I'll wait a couple of weeks before testing those new parts in my neck.

No comments: