June 30, 2005

Website Down

My website is still down. Since it's 2:42 on Thursday morning, it's now been down for 3 days. I've received 2 emails from the host; one asking me if I had typed in the correct URL, and one saying they were not able to re-create my problem. What is so hard to understand? The site isn't there! Every error message tells me it is the host's problem.

Since they have no telephone customer support, and return emails seem to take at least a day, I've given them until noon June 30 to fix the problem or I'm going to another host--one that has phone support.

I've been very careful to not give the name of my host, but if I do have to go to all the trouble of transfering my domain name and site, I will tell everyone I know just how bad the service is. And I WILL name names. My writing business is dependent on having a website up and running.

Other news: I plan to be the first customer at the new Walgreen's store in Lancaster, OH, opening Thursday, June 30. I'll need to be there by 7--I can get in early only because my husband built it. Since I must be politically correct in shopping at the stores he builds, it's only fair that I get to be the first!

No comments: