January 21, 2009

The Busyness of Life and Man's Laws

Both of our vehicles need new license tags this month. I can't drive yet. Hubby works all day. Couldn't get them via Internet in time because someone got hold of hubby's debit card number and drained our bank accounts - which has been taken care of, thankfully. Can't get them on Saturday because we're supposed to be in Louisville for Grandson Jacob's fifth birthday. Not sure how we'll manage this one. I'm not sure how I'll manage an 8-hour round trip packed in pillows.

Working on stories for next week. Finding good construction stories in January is a fete. You'd think after 4 of them for the same publication I'd know to start looking a month ahead of time. Well, surgery took me off the hook for that one. I did start 2 1/2 weeks ahead of time.

Working on relieving muscle spasms in my back from neurosurgery in December. Took my neck brace off while lazing on the sofa to watch Obama's inauguration yesterday - very bad idea - the taking off of the neck brace, not the inauguration. Thought I'd clarify that before anyone accused me of being Un-American or Un-Patriotic.

Finished my critique of Hope Clark's mss - a very good read. Have several books to review sitting here. Somehow, my bible's book of Matthew has held my reading interest. Best book in the bible. Covers all the essentials of life. Even explains some of the goofy man-made laws.

No comments: