January 15, 2009

Weather Zero. Driving Zero.

An update on my recovery has been posted at http://livingwithfmandoa.blogspot.com. As I peer out through the double glass doors next to my office I'm reminded that we have 5 inches of snow. As hubby headed out this morning, he took a look at the thermometer posted outside our back door to report that it read ZERO.

Son took my car to his girlfriend's house. My car, with its front-wheel drive, does very well in 4 inches of snow. Five inches, it snow plows - and not very well. I'm sure that's a very good excuse... I can't drive anyway, so it doesn't make much difference.

My neurosurgeon lifted my driving privileges for three months following surgery. However, I don't need a license to drive that John Deere that's in the garage. I might not make a 10-mile trek to the mall, but I could make it down the street to the little cafe. Sure makes me understand that old George Jones song.

Guess I'll spend another day updating my online store and editing Hope Clark's mss - after taking a hot bath to get my feet warm again.

No comments: